Taburit's Service Advantages
Umbilical cord blood is a gift of nature granted once in a lifetime to every baby; only Taburit offers services of collection and preservation of cord blood at the highest professional level and under the most stringent international standards. As an integral part of its service, Taburit provides a unique insurance policy granting the financial ability to make use of a stored unit in time of need.
Taburit's Service Advantages:
- Blood bank owned by Sheba, the leading Israeli center in stem cell transplantations
- Operates in accordance with the Israeli cord blood law - FACT-NetCord standard.
- Accreditation and supervision by the NMDP and the AABB
- Blood tests for the mother at delivery
- Storage in cryogenic bags
- Dividing the bag enabling several samplings of the unit
- A unique insurance policy as an integral part of the service
- A large scientific board
Advantages of cord blood preservation at Taburit:
- The Sheba Medical Center's family cord blood bank operates in accordance with the Israeli cord blood law - FACT-NetCord standard. This is the only israeli cord blood bank that was accredited by the world’s most stringent standards: NMDP, AABB, GMP, GTP – and operates under their supervision.
- Only Taburit performs blood tests for the mother at delivery in accordance with the requirements of the standards!
- The hospital has one of the world’s most advanced departments specializing in cord blood stem cell transplantations.
- The bank is headed by Prof. Nagler and Dr. Treves.
- Every cord blood unit stored by Taburit is accompanied by a unique insurance policy from Clal Health Insurance Co. of the Clal Insurance Group.
- The Taburit cord blood bank (public and private) owned by Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, is committed to storing the blood units.
Advantages of cryopreservation at Taburit:
- The cord blood units undergo serological tests and are tested for infections according to the requirements of the standards.
- Cord blood is cryopreserved in sterile bags protected by metal plates, numbered and easily identified.
- The cryopreservation is achieved through computer-controlled sterile technologies.
- The cord blood unit is cryopreserved in a cryopreservation bag with two comparaments, 80/20 ratio, as required by the FACT-NetCord standard.
- The cord blood units are divided when cryopreserved in order to enable multiple uses in the future.
- A tube attached to the cryopreservation bag enables testing without the need to thaw the entire unit.
- The cord blood units are cryopreserved in a process that is gradual and computer-controlled, in addition to human supervision.
- The blood collection kit is sterile, and suitable for use in delivery rooms and operating rooms.
- The units are stored in tanks containing nitrogen in the gas phase at a temperature of minus 196 degrees Celsius.
- The units are cryopreserved within 12-36 hours (for Sabbath keepers).
- The cryopreserved units are stored for 20 years.
- Cryopreservation in Israel guarantees good cell quality upon thawing.
- The cord blood units are available for immediate use.
- A computerized control and alarm system monitors the level of nitrogen in the refrigerators.
- The level of security for the refrigerators and the laboratory is the same as the level of security for the operating rooms, the emergency room and the intensive care unit.
- A Taburit representative collects the units and transfers them to the cord blood bank at Sheba, Tel Hashomer.
Advantages of the insurance policy
- The policy is for the newborn and in the newborn’s name.
- No need for a health declaration regarding the newborn.
- The cord blood bank and the cord blood units are covered by an insurance policy covering all risks.
- Coverage of the costs associated with the use of stem cells from any source without specific disease definition up to NIS 4,000,000.
- Compensation of NIS 56,800 if the transplantation was covered by the healthcare basket. If the personal unit was not used, its storage continues as usual.
- Monthly benefit for 12 months following the stem cells transplantation.
- Search for an alternative unit if the unit cannot be used for the child.
- The policy may be extended to cover the entire family.
- Sheba Medical Center set prerequisites for the company they would choose to work with, including a thorough examination of the company owners, the financial base and the insurance.
- If the unit is impaired or the number of stem cells is too low for cryopreservation, Taburit refunds payment to the family.
Summary of Policy Terms >>
Taburit, Israel's largest cord blood bank, provides services of cord blood collection, preservation of the stem cells isolated from it and their insurance. Taburit operates in collaboration with Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer. Preservation of cord blood at Taburit is carried out in accordance with stringent international standards. Taburit is committed to high quality in procedures of collection and preservation of cord blood derived from the umbilical cord of the newborn.